Thursday 8 August 2013

Lack-lustrous thoughts

I was taught the power of language by a master of positivity and have been friends with several other masters of this skill since, however, I am still going to state, for the record, my appreciation for the lack of the following things...

  1. Mosquitoes. They are rarely lacking in Bali at night, except under my net...
  2. The noise of a generator. It has been my daytime accompaniment for a week now. Not today. (Note- this also applies to chainsaws and all-night dance music)
  3. Sunburn. After day 3 when the bedsheets stop feeling like sandpaper and you can roll over again.
  4. Headache, stomach cramps, back pain- whichever. Tis awesome when they stop. 
  5. Drama. I don't do it. I love to tell a dramatic story, I just don't want to create one!

Oh, don't get me wrong... I appreciate silence and health and all of those positive things too, but sometimes, you just have to love NOT having something!

No comments:

Post a Comment